[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
Official Forum for 90fm Trivia • View topic - Triviatown

Triviatown

Moderator: theoz

Re: Triviatown

Postby DaKine » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:48 am

DaKine

Postby Hugh_B » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:29 am

Trivia: it's not a job, it's just an adventure
Hugh_B

Postby iron chef » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:59 pm

iron chef

Postby DaKine » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:01 pm

DaKine

Postby Hugh_B » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:46 pm

Correct, DaKine. I gathered your assumption. I simply made my assertion by borrowng your words. I reused your "sour grapes" phrase to also dissuade others from flaming back. Sorry for the confusion. Also, I didn't mean to infer that ONLY one team in the whole Contest worked on that question, but that only one team in THAT SCENE was shown actually noodling out a guess. My fault for an incomplete explanation.

As to the Caker comment: We all know that the Cakers are a drinking team with a Trivia problem (insert chuckle here). I think the film did a fine job showing the Cakers as a serious team that still knows how to have fun. I, personally, do not consume the hard stuff during Trivia, but I've never frowned on teams that like to enjoy during the Game. I don't even have a problem with the team that passes out Friday and Saturday nights in a drunken haze. That's the way they choose to play, and it only affects them. Let 'em have their fun! What I think is a great positive from the film is, although it showed the Cakers having a few drinks, it never depicted them as being wasted.
Hugh_B

Postby The Jerk » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:26 pm

I saw the movie twice and was taken back on the whole cheating issue. I did not realize this still went on. Why do teams feel like they need to cheat?

Our team does not share answers with other teams and we do not cheat. I believe if teams are caught cheating, they should be disqualified. Not sure how you would actually catch teams cheating, unless we have a Triviatown movie every year to expose the cheaters. So most teams play in good faith that others will not cheat and that everyone will play by the rules. Let's hope more teams do their best to find their own answers to the questions that are asked.
The Jerk

Postby DokterZ » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:28 am

DokterZ

Postby Rayburndl » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:05 am

Rayburndl

Postby Rayburndl » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:16 am

Rayburndl

Postby Caker 23 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:53 am

I'd wager that Triviatown won't screen again any time soon in Point. There are a whole bunch of particulars, but it boils down to some of the understood restrictions of a film still playing the festival circuit. For the same reason, the DVD release may be a ways off, as well. I'm sure that if a DVD release date is announced, it'll be all over these boards, and maybe even replace the picture of the crazy Caker on the film's Web-site.

Speaking of which, thanks to Hugh_B for his kind words about my team. We're also glad the film never depicted us as wasted. We've long operated from the standpoint that Trivia Weekend is a marathon not a sprint and pace ourselves accordingly. The filmmakers could have easily skewed it to make us look like wild disasters. Instead, I'd say our depiction on-screen is very accurate. Given that, I'll admit that my primary emotion while watching Triviatown was that of relief.
"If you know your material sober, you should know your material drunk."
--Vic, #3
Caker 23

Postby Doc Trivia » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:39 am

Doc Trivia

Postby Hugh_B » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:10 pm

Hugh_B

PreviousNext

Return to General Banter