[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
Official Forum for 90fm Trivia • View topic - Favorite Question?

Favorite Question?

Moderator: theoz

Postby Hugh_B » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:13 am

Trivia: it's not a job, it's just an adventure
Hugh_B

Re: My alltime favorites...

Postby DanO » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:14 am

DanO

Postby The Jerk » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:58 am

The Jerk

Re: My alltime favorites...

Postby CapnSylvester » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:50 pm

[/quote]

That was the last question of 1994, worth 500. "...what were the names of the two mutts owned by Jack Oakie?"

Little Bit and Big Bit was the answer.[/quote]

Ah yes, we got it wrong then and I got it wrong more than a decade later.
So go the trivia of our lives.

:) I hope my notes are better this year
CapnSylvester

Memorable Questions

Postby El Schoble' Diesel » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:39 pm

I believe it was in '99 - Name this orchestral piece which featured cannons in the percussion section.

Answer - 1812 Overture.

The only reason I remember it is because I had broke down a few hours before and stumbled back to my dorm room with 90fm and STV on and the question woke me up. I called it in to the team down stairs. I'm pretty sure that's the first time I answered a question in my sleep. . .something I have been known to do since I was drafted by Team Diesel.
El Schoble' Diesel
Team Diesel
Rule #1 of Team Diesel - always log out of Facebook before you walk away from your computer.
http://groups.myspace.com/triviateamdiesel
El Schoble' Diesel

Postby LCBeefy » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:43 pm

I have two favorite questions.

The most recent was a 115 pointer from "Cast Away", Name of the CD that Chuck Noland gives away for delivering a package in time? I had the answer "10 Million Elvis Fans can't be Wrong" in my notes. The first time anything substantial came out of my notes.

The 2nd and more important question was from 1984, the first year I was playing. It read something like "Who was the first host to host The New Show show for the 2nd time?" I was pretty sure the answer was John Candy but everybody else on the team thought it was Steve Martin, The father of the host saw my conviction and we called in my answer with threat of violence to my body if I was wrong (not from the father, but from my teammates). I was right and I have been addicted to trivia ever since. I think it was the adrenaline high of coming so close to death.

{Writer's note - I researched this on the internet before I was going to hit submit and it has Steve Martin hosting twice first, but if I can't trust my 23 year old memories what can I trust, but no matter what I had the correct answer}[/i]
LCBeefy

The King

Postby TriviaGirl » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:25 pm

TriviaGirl

Postby LCBeefy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:51 pm

LCBeefy

Postby squeezequeen » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:30 pm

squeezequeen

Postby DokterZ » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:41 am

DokterZ

Viva Knievil

Postby CapnSylvester » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:09 pm

CapnSylvester

Postby beerpigmarv » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:55 am

beerpigmarv

Postby TriviaHiro » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:36 am

Glen: Geoff I'm not going to tell you how much you look like Alan Alda from this angle.

Me: The Donald Sutherland version of Alan Alda!
TriviaHiro

Postby bwo-diva » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:48 pm

bwo-diva

Postby Hugh_B » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:37 pm

Trivia: it's not a job, it's just an adventure
Hugh_B

PreviousNext

Return to General Banter