[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
Official Forum for 90fm Trivia • View topic - Trivia prepartation

Trivia prepartation

Moderator: theoz

Trivia prepartation

Postby stop the rainforest » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:06 pm

What do teams do to prepare for trivia? This is going to be the third year Stop the Rainforest competes in trivia. For the most part we just show up and play. I have collected a lot of reference books and we utilize the internet a lot (i know some of you will hate me for that). I know a lot of you take notes so I have started to take notes myself. I'm taking notes on TV shows and movies i watch, as well as TV ads. Is there anything more specific I should know or that I should do?
Each year, the Rainforest is responsible for over three thousand deaths from accidents, attacks or illnesses. There are over seven hundred things in the Rainforest that cause cancer. Join the fight now and help stop the Rainforest before it's too late.
stop the rainforest

Postby Hugh_B » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:05 pm

Sounds to me like you've made a good start. The key now is to get more teammates to do as you're doing. Get a core of 3 to 100 players who all take notes and collect books, and you're on your way. One thing, though: be patient. Most of the teams that finish in the top 20 to 30 each year have been doing what you do, but for quite a few years already.
Trivia: it's not a job, it's just an adventure
Hugh_B

Postby stop the rainforest » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:33 am

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm trying to spread my enthusiasm to my teammates. Right now I'm the only one really preparing, I have gotten a couple people to at least think about taking notes. I'm hoping to get a few answers out of my notes to convince people to do the same. Problem is I only have notes from the past year, and we know that questions come from all over. Most of my team is now several years removed from UWSP and people are getting more serious about trivia. The first year was just a big party but last year more people focused on trivia and said they had a better time than if they just got drunk. I hope to keep playing for decades to come and have a note data base that will be the envy of every UWSP freshman.
Each year, the Rainforest is responsible for over three thousand deaths from accidents, attacks or illnesses. There are over seven hundred things in the Rainforest that cause cancer. Join the fight now and help stop the Rainforest before it's too late.
stop the rainforest

Postby jdAppleton » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:16 am

jdAppleton

preparation h

Postby bwo-diva » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:20 am

bwo-diva

Postby Vader » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:27 pm

I don't give a f!^% if you hate me!!
Vader

Postby kaiserwilhelm3 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:56 pm

I always do a lot of stretching as part of my preparation, you never know what type of trivia-related injury one might get over the weekend.
kaiserwilhelm3

Preparation for the Contest

Postby mad cow avenger » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:10 am

If you're starting to build your Trivia database, get as much on computer as possible. Notes from last year will be more accessible and worth more this year if asked. I've been taking notes on movies for more than 25 years and my one regret is not having them all on file.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
mad cow avenger

Re: Preparation for the Contest

Postby Hugh_B » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:52 am

Trivia: it's not a job, it's just an adventure
Hugh_B

Postby stop the rainforest » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:32 am

stop the rainforest

Postby Big Poppa » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:34 pm

Big Poppa

Postby Rayburndl » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:00 pm

Rayburndl

Postby stop the rainforest » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:09 pm

stop the rainforest

Postby Rayburndl » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:21 pm

Rayburndl

DVD"s

Postby mad cow avenger » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:27 am

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
mad cow avenger

Next

Return to General Banter