[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
Official Forum for 90fm Trivia • View topic - Nightmares & Dreamscapes

Nightmares & Dreamscapes

Moderator: theoz

Nightmares & Dreamscapes

Postby kaiserwilhelm3 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:38 am

Well, the first trivia nightmare of the season happened. So I thought it an appropriate time to reopen the Trivia Dreams thread.

Picture it, Trivia headquarters, hour 34, the numbers have dwindled. Only a handful of trivia warriors remain, but are determined to overcome any obstacles to gain valuable trivia points. The DJ comes on the air with the first question of the hour (I can't remember what it was), it seems impossible but we try to answer. We don't find anything in our notes, online or via brainstorming and our guess is wrong. The second question comes and it's exactly the same as the last question! Again we cannot find the answer, a sense of dread has overtaken the basement...the dj asks the question 7 times in a row, and we never find the answer. Then of course, on the last question for this cursed hour, it is the same question, but this time we find the answer in the library, and can't get through to the station!!! ahhhhhhh!

I woke up in a cold sweat. I really wish I could remember the question, I'm sure that it will be asked sometime during the contest this year.
kaiserwilhelm3

Postby TriviaHiro » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:22 pm

Actually had a Trivia nightmare two nights ago and was thinking of starting this thread but I got sidetracked.

We were playing in the basement of house. Dreamwise, it was a house we "normally" play in but it was a house that I have never seen before in my life.

Anyway, we "normally" played in the upstairs part but for some reason we were crammed in the basement in a small little spot. We were trying to figure out where we going to set everything up. Two people were sleeping on a pull out sofa bed and we had to move them so we could put the books there. Then I stood on the bed and looked over a little wall and there was this huge rec room on the other side of the wall with a giant TV and all this room. There was another room off to the side that was huge. And here we were crammed in an area about 10 X 10!

I kept asking why we couldn't play in the area where the TV was and nobody would answer me.

Then I woke up.
Glen: Geoff I'm not going to tell you how much you look like Alan Alda from this angle.

Me: The Donald Sutherland version of Alan Alda!
TriviaHiro

Postby stop the rainforest » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:12 pm

I have a recurring trivia dream where none of my teammates have shown up and I have overslept and somehow wake up late saturday morning. It's already 9am and my wife and I are berating ourselves, "how could we have forgotten?" "We didn't even invite anyone over!". I quickly open my laptop only to drop it and shatter the screen. This is when I usually awake in a panic. I too was going to start a thread about this topic. My other teammates, wife included, claim not to have these dreams. I'm glad to know I'm not alone.
Each year, the Rainforest is responsible for over three thousand deaths from accidents, attacks or illnesses. There are over seven hundred things in the Rainforest that cause cancer. Join the fight now and help stop the Rainforest before it's too late.
stop the rainforest

Postby capnpatty » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:00 pm

All year long I have trivia dreams & nightmares but it seems the closer we are to trivia, the more I have them. I have two different reoccurring dreams:

1) Everybody is in our basement but the only one paying attention to the contest is me. Everyone else is just sitting around and if I leave the room for anything I come back to find that the radio is off or on a different station. I end up getting very angry and everybody gets mad and leaves.

2) It's trivia weekend and we have forgotten all about it. We usually don't figure it out until like Sunday or even after the contest by looking in the newspaper and seeing the scores

Besides the two main types, I had hundreds of other weird trivia nightmares. The most recent one was the question was one of those "what is the name of the following song" and I'm on my computer because I'm sure I have the same song but I can't remember what it's called. I'm trying and trying but just getting super frustrated because I can't get to the "My Music" folder for some reason. Then, the question ends and we miss it of course. Then, I realized the problem is that I'm on my friend Eric's computer and not my own.
capnpatty

Postby jdAppleton » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:33 am

2) It's trivia weekend and we have forgotten all about it. We usually don't figure it out until like Sunday or even after the contest by looking in the newspaper and seeing the scores

--that's my usual trivia dream
jdAppleton

Postby HBurns » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:58 am

Quote: "It's trivia weekend and we have forgotten all about it. We usually don't figure it out until like Sunday or even after the contest by looking in the newspaper and seeing the scores"

I've had this dream too, at least for the past 4 years of playing trivia.

Boy, Oz has really gotten into our minds :?
HBurns

Postby jenknippel » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:22 am

Jennifer
jenknippel

Postby Dads_Adam » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:48 am

"1994 Old Spice King Of The Beach"

Dead To Me List
-----------------
Big Poppa
Punxsutawney Phil
Guy from Picture 18 2010 NTT
Dads_Adam

Postby PhrogzGal » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:42 pm

PhrogzGal

Postby Kohnen » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:33 pm

Kohnen

Postby squeezequeen » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:42 pm

squeezequeen

Postby TriviaHiro » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:49 pm

Glen: Geoff I'm not going to tell you how much you look like Alan Alda from this angle.

Me: The Donald Sutherland version of Alan Alda!
TriviaHiro

Postby TriviaGirl » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:59 am

TriviaGirl

Next

Return to General Banter